Wednesday, February 3, 2010

On the Road Again...

The 2010 NASCAR season has begun for me. I arrived in Daytona last night for 2 glorious weeks here in Florida. This year's Daytona 500 falls on Sunday, Feb. 14th, Valentine's Day. But we have about 90 hours of programming before that little race rolls around. Nearly all of the same group of co-workers are back and we are ready to go!
This is the third season I've been blogging from the NASCAR circuit, so I want to try something different. This season I want to answer any questions you have for me. If you want to know an answer to a technical question or something about a certain driver, just drop me a note and I'll include your question and hopefully an acceptable answer in a future blog.
I'll blog a few more times during SpeedWeeks, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Derek Chalfant said...

Here's a quick question for you, what is the word in the garage on NASCAR trying 3 X's now to end the race under green, do the drivers and crews like this? I know I as a fan do but wonder what your hearing in the garage. So excited for Sunday after the duels yesterday.

Joel said...

The "on camera" responses have been towing the company line for the most part. I think they should have waited until after Daytona to make the move to 3 GWC's attempts, but after the finish under yellow on the Bud Shootout, they wanted to make a splash with the fans. The driver's don't seem to care either way. Since they have been doing the double file restarts, about half of the races finish with crashes, so this will just give them more potential to finish with crashes. The fans want all the races to end under green, so I understand NASCAR's decision. The guys that don't like it seem to be the crew chiefs. This will totally screw up the fuel mileage gamble they make. If they base their fuel on one GWC, then get a second or third, there will be a lot of guys running out of gas.
Let's just hope for lots of finishes under green this year and everybody getting home safe.
BTW, wasn't that just an incredible wreck with Jr. yesterday? I'm so glad these cars are safer than ever before.