Saturday, April 18, 2009

Scenics from Phoenix

Wow...been awhile since we've raced, but here we are in Phoenix, AZ. It is so beautiful out here! If you're a follower of this little scribbling I do, you know that I love night races. This one is no exception. I like being out here...beautiful mountains, lots of sunshine, and sunshine is what I'd like to focus on today. This race starts at 5:30pm locally, and that is about an hour before sunset. The beginning of the race is so challenging as the drivers come around turn 3 into turn 4 and stare straight into the sun. The cars don't come equipped with sun visors like you and I have on our personal vehicles. They put gaffers tape on the windshield and also wear "tear offs", a thin sheet of plastic...kinda like sunglasses. They have several on, then peel them off one at a time, as the sun goes down. It's a pretty short race, only 312 miles...should be fun!
My predictions:
3). Jeff Gordon
2). Mark Martin
1). Jimmie Johnson....A Hendrick sweep!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's go for a Mark Martin win!! He's due. Otherwise, sounds good to me!
Jackie

Jenny said...

WOOHOO! Way to go, Mark!!