Sunday, October 4, 2009

KC...Masterpiece.

Kansas City...Race 3 in the Chase for the Sprint Cup. It's a lovely morning here. We arrived at the track around 5:30am greeted by a full moon in the partly cloudy sky.
Mark Martin maintains a slight edge over Jimmie Johnson in the points chase, but after Jimmie's win at Dover last week, the margin is only 10 points. I hate to say it, but it looks like Jimmie and the 48 team are peaking and might carry off a record 4th Cup in a row.
There were very windy conditions here on Friday when the Cup cars first hit the track, but today's weather should be quite calmer, yet chilly...65 degrees...when the race commences today at 2pm Eastern. Mark Martin took the pole and should be strong today. I am hoping Mark can stretch his lead today.
My predictions for today...
3). Kyle Busch
2). Joey Logano
1). Mark Martin
Have a great Race Day!

2 comments:

Grandma Bennett said...

I'm with you son, I would like to see Martin win the cup. Have fun today.
Love, Mom

Unknown said...

I'm with both of you! I would love to see Mark finally get the championship!