Friday, September 26, 2008

Memorial service for my dad....

We had an incredible memorial service for my dad in Muncie, Indiana last evening. Our pastor from years ago in Indiana, Mark Beeson, their current pastor, Gregg Parris, and my brother, Shane Bennett, all gave great messages. I saw friends I hadn't seen in more than 30 years! My family put together a great slide show with pictures from my dad's life...I hadn't seen some of those pictures for years...and my boys hadn't seen my incredi-mullet in all it's glory from the late 80's.
I got to hang out with two of my best friends, my old college roomates, Chad May and Brad Vaught. It was if time hadn't passed since we were all together last. What fun! Thanks for all your prayers!
We drove all night to get back to Nashville. Alex had to catch a bus to go to Women of Faith to dance with Nicole C. Mullen...not much sleep was had. We are negotiating with the other two boys about going to school for a half day. I think I'll win.
I am flying to Kansas City tomorrow to finish the race weekend. I'll update from there!

No comments: