Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's Bristol at night, baby!

My favorite race of the year...Bristol under the lights! This is one I try to go out of the truck and watch...there isn't a bad seat in the house...but there isn't an empty seat in the house, either. I like to walk around the track with the cars coming toward me...you can get very close to the track. Pretty scary and loud!
We didn't have a call time until noon today, so I got to sleep in...Yippee! The flip side of that is we will be here until 3am.
It's so hard to make any predictions here since there isn't a fuel strategy battle, or better engines or whatever. It's just being able to get to the end without so much damage you can't finish. Some of the best short track guys are Jeff Gordon, Kurt Busch and of course, Mark Martin...but it really is anybody's race. One bad wiggle can cost you a win...just ask Clint Bowyer who was so strong last night, then wiggled and Brad Keslowski slipped by him for the win.
No winner predictions this week...I just hope, again, that Kyle Busch doesn't win. 3 races until the Chase starts!

No comments: