Friday, August 15, 2008

Michigan again...

We're back in Michigan for the 2nd time this season. There was a big announcement today that wasn't a very well kept secret. Tony Stewart has hired fellow Hoosier, Ryan Newman, to be his teammate next season at Stewart Haas Racing. Tony will drive the #14 car, paying homage to his hero A.J. Foyt. Ryan will be driving the #4 car. That is the number that Tony first drove as a go cart driver a million years ago. I guess when you're the boss, you can pick what you want...out of what is left.
It should be a very pretty weekend up here...of course, saying that may change it. I have expected rain the last two weekends and they've gotten the race in. Our hotel is in Plymouth, which is an hour and 20 minutes from the track. That drive sucks. They have provided a bus for us tonight since we'll be here late and then have an early call tomorrow. PARTY BUS! I will probably sleep.
Michael Phelps is amazing. I still love women's beach volleyball. I watched some kayaking in a man-made circular, raging river...odd, but captivating. I enjoyed some handball and men's and women's gymnastics. I am really enjoying these Olympics.

No comments: