Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fall in Martinsville...

It is so pretty in Martinsville, VA this time around. The leaves are in full color, but the temperature is still high. It should cool off a lot this weekend. I like the Martinsville track because you can see all the cars the whole time. That is much better for the spectators, in my opinion. Even in these tough economic times, the tracks still have plenty of fans...the numbers are down, but the fans are happy...usually after their 14th Bud, but happy nonetheless.
The Chase is winding down on Martinsville, Atlanta, Texas, Phoenix and Homestead are left. I am looking forward to Homestead. We are staying at Key Largo Resort...http://www.keylargoresort.com
Nice digs...sweet little Sandra Faye will finally be joining me on a trip...apparently she only will come when we stay on a tropical beach...bet she never makes it to the track!
Back to Martinsville...Jeff Burton has moved up to 2nd place behind Jimmie Johnson with his victory in Charlotte last week. I am now pulling for Jeff. He is such a nice guy. I am getting a little tired of Carl Edwards' antics...you know what Carl needs...he needs a wife. Someone who gets in his face and says, "Don't be an idiot, honey." I know Sandy does that for me. And it helps.
Enough Dr. Phil for today...
Have a great fall weekend!

3 comments:

Derek Chalfant said...

Racing at the "paper-clip" is always enjoyable, it gets back to short track racing which in my opinion is still the best racing. Now if only the 48 could put a couple of 25 or worse finishes together and tighten this thing up with 5 or 6 drivers that would be cool.
Don't forget to tell Stremme congrats on his Winchester 400 win holding off Kyle Busch last Sunday.

Joel said...

I hadn't heard about Stremme's win...that's great! He's a nice guy! And he gets a Cup ride again next year!

Unknown said...

I think I'd pass on the race if I could stay at a resort like that!