Friday, October 24, 2008

Soggy ATL...


How 'bout a little update...It's been a busy week for me. I got home from Martinsville on Monday morning, did a little laundry, then headed up to Indiana. I spent Monday night, Tuesday and Wednesday in Indiana having some fun. On Tuesday and Wednesday I went to my alma mater, Ball State University, in Muncie, Indiana and was the guest lecturer at a telecommunications class. There were 12 young men who were interested in getting into sports television. I had a blast just talking with them and working with them on some projects. Tuesday night I had a meeting with some high school classmates to plan our 25th reunion for this coming summer. It was great seeing some folks I haven't seen since graduation! We are going to have a great time on July 18th, 2008!

I drove back to Nashville on Wednesday night, did a little laundry and Thursday did a hockey game for the Calgary Flames playing our very own Nashville Predators. What, you say! Aren't you supposed to travel to your racing venue on Thursday. Yes, I am. I actually begged off and got to "double dip", as it's called in the business. I got credit for travel and set in Atlanta even though I didn't get here until 3:00am, plus put in 12 hours at the hockey game. Christmas is coming...and the boys all want Macs!
It is raining here in the ATL...and it probably will all day. There are lights here at this track and there is supposed to be qualifying for the Cup boys tonight. Since there have been so many qualifying sessions rained out this season, NASCAR has been taking some flack about not at least attempting to qualify. I say all that to say....we will be here late tonight.
Have a great day! Go BSU Cardinals!!!!!

No comments: