Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's Bristol, Baby!

It's Raceday in Bristol! I've said it many times before, but, again, this is my favorite track! I am excited about today's race. I really don't have any predictions today...you can't really predict who will win at this track. I really hope that mark Martin can take his pole start clear to the checkered flag. We'll see!
I did get a chance yesterday to drive 2 1/2 hours to see the boys wrestle in their AAU state wrestling championships. I missed a few of the twins first matches, but got there in time to see Andy and Alex both take 3rd place in state!!! Then the high school division started and Zach marched through the competition straight to the championship match against the boy that beat him pretty badly 2 weeks ago at regionals. The match was incredible...Zach was down 6-4 with 21 seconds left, then scored a reversal. With 13 seconds left he tried to turn his opponent to get some back points, but wasn't able to get him turned. Overtime! Both guys shot and were in what looked like a stalemate, but Zach was slightly out of position and lost the takedown and the championship match 8-6. He was pretty distraught because he was pretty sure he would win the match, but he showed a lot of character and I am proud. They all did so great. Andy and Alex were asked to be alternates on Team Tennessee, the traveling middle school team that has the national match in Iowa at the end of April. I was so happy to get to see them all wrestle!
Here's who I think will be top 3 today:
3). Jeff Gordon
2). Kurt Busch
1). Mark Martin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations to the boys on their victories! I'm glad you got to see them wrestle.