Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rebel Award

I'm gonna take a break from writing about NASCAR and where we are going this week...well, we're going to Martinsville, the Paperclip, but I'll get into that later this week.
I wanted to tell you about the 2008-09 Franklin High Wrestling banquet last night. Sandy is the president of the booster club and gives about 20 hours a week keeping the club going. The banquet was fun...lots of awards given out and people recognized for their contributions. One of the awards that was given out was The Rebel Award. Now our school mascot is a rebel...an old southern countrified rebel...I didn't pick it. I believe it is just part of Franklin's history.
The coaches confer on this award and give it to the wrestler who best exemplifies determination, dedication and desire...oh, and doesn't complain. They gave the award to Zach!
I was so happy! That is the one award that shows character beyond victories, statistics or popularity. When the coach started to explain the award, all the wrestlers started pointing to Zach...it was great! He busts his butt every day at practice and his passion for the sport he loves continues to grow. He makes me proud! Next year...state champion!

1 comment:

Grandma Bennett said...

You and Sandy have every right to be proud. I am too. What a great accomplishment for Zach. Continue with those qualities in all areas of your life Zach. Love you all, Mom/Grandma