Friday, March 6, 2009

The South's gonna race again...

We've made it back to East Coast time with this week's race in Atlanta, Ga. The Atlanta Motor Speedway, located in Hampton, Georgia, is one of the fastest tracks on the circuit. There is room to pass and the guys can leave the pedal down nearly all the way around. This weekend only the Trucks and Sprint Cup teams are racing. The Nationwide guys get the weekend off.
I am expecting some great racing, especially in the truck race on Saturday afternoon.
Speaking of weekends off, next weekend will be racing free. All three series will be taking a well deserved weekend off.
This weekend my mom and big sister are heading to Utah to visit my niece, with a bonus trip to Las Vegas. I am sure they will take the time out of their busy schedule of gambling, watching Chippendales, and general hijinks to watch both races this weekend. Yeah, right.

2 comments:

Grandma Bennett said...

You betcha we'll be watching both races of course. Have a good weekend, I'm sure we will.
Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

I don't think we'll have time to watch the races, but we will take time to watch Race Day & Victory Lane!
Love,
Jackie