Thursday, November 6, 2008

Feenicks...

2nd to last race in the 2008 NASCAR Sprint Cup season and we're in Phoenix, AZ. Not much has changed here in Avondale, where the track is located, except that the crop this time of year, I believe, is sorghum. Who knew? Oh, also a cotton field is in full splendor. And plenty of new Walgreens and CVS's, or is it CVSi?
I like coming to Phoenix...the weather is almost always sunny and during the fall race, it's not too hot! High 70's during the day and mid 40's at night...I may not camp out in the desert like I did...well, I've never camped out in the desert, but if I did, it would be pretty cold doing it tonight.
Carl Edwards is at least making this chase race interesting. He is only 108 points behind Jimmie Johnson after a really gutsy call to stay out and not pit for fuel and win the race in Ft. Worth, TX. If Jimmie has another bad day on Sunday and Carl wins another or places really high, this could be a great finish in Homestead next week.
Hope you all have a great end of the week wherever you're at! Phoenix is nice.

No comments: