Friday, November 14, 2008

Key Largo

Pop Quiz, Hotshot! Who sang the song "Key Largo"?
Was it:
A) Christopher Cross
B) Jimmy Buffett
C) Bertie Higgins
D) Kenny Chesney
Although all 4 singer/songwriters listed above are associated with songs about the beach, sailing, the ocean, etc...the answer is:

C. Bertie Higgins...did you get that right? "Here's lookin' at you, kid.." Will that song be running through your head all day now?

Well, the hotel is nice...not crazy nice, but nice. The beach is about 50 yards long, but it is pretty. The water is pretty, but not the ocean...it is an inlet. I hope to have some time off tomorrow to snorkel. I went out and walked some last night in the water. Full moon...it was pretty. Sandy was sleeping...maybe tonight we'll have that 50 yard romantic walk...but I heard earlier today that someone caught a 4 foot hammerhead shark off the dock, which is about 25 yards out from the beach. If Sandy finds that out, I doubt she'll get in the water.

Breaking news from NASCAR: Testing in Daytona in January is cancelled. It is a cost cutting measure. What sucks is that it is a cost cutting measure to me...my cost for working testing has now been cut. I was booked for 21 days in Daytona in January. Now I'll have to find other work for the month. Oh, well...I haven't spent the check yet, so that's good.
It is the last race of the year and the championship for all three series is still up for grabs. In trucks, it's a tight battle between Ron Hornaday and Johnny Benson. In Nationwide, Clint Bowyer and Carl Edwards are battling it out. In Sprint Cup, the 2 time defending champion, Jimmie Johnson, can win the championship over Carl Edwards by just finishing 36th or better.
It's been a great season. I'm glad it's nearly over.

3 comments:

Grandma Bennett said...

Hope you and Sandy have a romantic walk even if it is 50 yards. Just walk back and forth a few times.
Love ya,
Mom

Holly Anderson said...

Joann - you're so funny! Now I'm picturing them pacing the beach.

:-D

Joel said...

With Sandy, I wouldn't be allowed to walk...she would make me sprint...suicides on the beach...Go! Go! Go!