Thursday, February 19, 2009

Goin' back to Cali...

I know...I used that title last year when we came to California, but it's just so darn catchy...Thanks, LL.
I flew out to California yesterday, a day early, to "get the truck back in working order" after all the excitement from Daytona. That actually just means that I get paid an extra 1/2 day to do what I always do...yippee.
I slept so good last night...being on east coast time since I was in Daytona for two weeks, then getting out here on Pacific time, I was falling asleep at about 9pm last night. I didn't have to get up until 7:30...that translates into a lot of sleep! I did get up and go work out before I came in and actually worked out last night before bed, too. Unfortunately, the macadamia/chocolate chip cookies at the front desk negated any workout from last night. They were a tasty bedtiime snack!
California Motor Speedway, now known as the AutoClub Raceway or some such nonsense, is, and I hope the big wigs don't see this, one of the most boring tracks and ends up being the two most boring races of the season. The track is so wide that there just isn't the beating and banging you'd like to see. Plus, they guys get so spread out, a driver can actually lead from green flag to checkered. The trucks and Nationwide series will also be racing. They both have their races on Saturday.
I am glad I am out here. I love the weather! It is 74 degrees today and the humidity is nice.
I've also got some extra curricular plans on this trip. In the late '80's I moved out here to do an internship at Trinity Broadcasting Network. It turned into my first post college job and it was a great 3 years! Through Facebook, I have found a bunch of my old work buddies and we're going out to dinner on Saturday night. The last headcount came up with 20 people, so it should be fun remines-uh, riminish-um...remembering and telling old stories. Anybody know how I can lose 40 lbs. by Saturday night?

No comments: