Thursday, February 26, 2009

Viva Las Vegas...


We've made another trek out west to the great city in the desert, Las Vegas. I was pleased to find out that only 2 of the 3 series were here this weekend. We will only have Nationwide and Cup here, so that will lighten the load a bit.
It will be interesting to see if Matt Kenseth can win the first 3 races of the season. Matt's crew chief, Drew Blickensderfer, was a wrestler at the University of Indiana, so, in my book, he has 2 great things going for him. Stay tuned this weekend to see if 3 is in the cards...get it, Vegas, in the cards...wow.
Speaking of gambling...I don't plan to do any. We are staying at an Embassy Suites, so it should be a nice, relaxing weekend. We are across the street from the Hard Rock Hotel, so "the kids" can go play if they want. I am not "a kid" anymore. I'd like to go see a show if I have time, like "Blue Man Group" or something tame like that...we'll see.
Next week we are in Atlanta and then a week off! Yippee!

2 comments:

Grandma Bennett said...

Too bad Vegas and Atlanta weekends weren't switched; we'd be able to see you on Sunday night or Monday while we're in Vegas next week. Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I tuned in to check out your predictions. Hmmmm?
Love ya,
Jackie