Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Talk About Being Petty....

We're still making tv in Daytona...The track is quiet Monday and Tuesday, except for the Petty Driving Experience cars making some laps. On a side note, I hear from some people who have done it, the Petty Experience is incredible...you ride along in a replica stock car at about 150 miles per hour on a real NASCAR track. Some even let you drive, but at a lower rate of speed. So if you have a lot of disposable income, that is a place to lay it down...or just give it to me...I'll find a use for it.
Today we had a very late call...1:30pm! It was so great to get to sleep in after such long days of 14-18 hours a day. I slept about 10 hours and still got a workout in...great morning!
We still have the Duel coming up on Thursday...two races that will determine the rest of the field for the 51st Daytona 500. I am pulling for a few guys to make the cut. One is AJ Allmendinger...he is a young guy that should do well this year with his new team, Richard Petty Motorsports. RPM is a combination of Gillette/Evernham and Petty Motorsports. AJ has done pretty well in his year and a half in NASCAR, but now with great equipment, I think should make it in the top 20 each week.
I was very happy to see my favorite driver, Tony Stewart, make it in the 500 on qualifying day. He has taken on his own team, so now as owner/driver, the pressure has got to be huge. Luckily, for Tony, he's got a new house to go home to. Well, it's being built as we speak. It is a 14,000 foot log cabin in Columbus, IN...and get this, it has an indoor pond for him to fish in..AN INDOOR POND!!!! I have a friend who is doing some lighting a electrical work on it and says the house is amazing. I'll bet you'll see it on MTV cribs very soon!
Still in sunny Florida!

No comments: