Sunday, February 22, 2009

Shrub goes for a triple...

Can it be done? Can a driver driving all three NASCAR series, Camping World Trucks, Nationwide and Cup, win all three races in a single weekend? Well, Kyle Busch may just be that man. He set a record yesterday by winning the truck race and the Nationwide race in one day...it had never been done before. There have been several times when a driver has won the Nationwide and Cup race in a weekend, but never two races in a day. And no driver has ever won all three events in a weekend. Though I am not a big fan of Kyle Busch's, I'd like to see him do it for the attention it would garner and the excitement of it. Now, some, ie. Rusty Wallace, are saying, during commercial breaks and not on the air, that he thinks the Joe Gibbs teams including Kyle Busch, Joey Logano and Denny Hamlin, are cheating. He thinks their aerodynamics are altered and giving them an unfair advantage. But I don't know...I don't see them coming in 1,2,3...so I think Kyle's driving may have something to do with his winning.
So we're two races down and one to go here at Cali this weekend. And like I said, the racing has been at a minimum. It was interesting to watch Michael McDowell do his "Mr. Inferno" impression...fire, fire, fire!
So on to my predictions...
My friend, Jeff Hamilton, will do the invocation. Well, that's not a prediction...that is on the schedule. He is married to Jayme Jones, Jay and Marilee Jones' daughter who I had a crush on from 1988-90. He's a great guy!
3). Carl Edwards
2). Greg Biffle
1). Jimmie Johnson
Have a great raceday, everyone!

No comments: