Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hmmm...I think I'll stick to stock cars...

Pretty interesting event there in Southwick, MA. It had rained all Friday night and most of Saturday, so during the race, all I could see were about 30 guys on motocross bikes all in brown. They were covered in mud after the first lap. I don't know how the camera guys, the producer and director, anybody could tell who was who. There were 6 races and we put two of them to air on SPEED. We all got attaboys all the way around, so I guess we did good.
One fun thing yesterday was having lunch with Erin Bates, the pit reporter girl for MotoX, and her boyfriend, Brian Vickers, driver of the 83 Red Bull Toyota in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. It was fun talking to him. I don't ever get to meet the drivers, so for me to actually sit down and have a conversation was pretty fun. He is a very nice guy. His girlfriend, Erin, talks like a sailor. Don't tell anyone I said that, but wow! She's pretty funny!
I shared the Southwest flight home today with Jake Owens and his band. Jake is an up and coming country music star. Also on the plane was the Little River Band. Makes me want to do some Reminiscing. Get it...they sang the song Reminiscing.
Have a great week!

No comments: