Monday, February 25, 2008

Every time I think I'm out...

All right...who is so addicted to NASCAR that you stayed up until 2am Eastern to hear that the race would be postponed until today...Nobody?  If you did, maybe you need to reevaluate your priorities.  So, we had a call time this morning of 7am Pacific for a 10am Pacific finish of the Cup race.  If you happen to be home and read this before the race, enjoy the race. They will run the complete race today, then one hour after the finish, ESPN2 will have the Nationwide race.  By the way, Jeff Gordon will win the Cup race and Kyle Busch will win the Nationwide race...just in case you'd like to wager.
We will do our Victory Lane program and hopefully be out of here by 4pm.  My flight home tomorrow will be early, but I will have tonight off in exciting Fontana, CA.  I don't know why the suits are willing to pay us overtime and another day of work for a one hour program, but I don't mind.  
Zach, Andy, Alex and Sandy flew to Kansas City over the weekend to wrestle in "The Liberty Nationals".  Well, Sandy didn't wrestle, but I'll be willing to bet she could whip any young boy there.  The boys, on the other hand, were not able to accomplish said whipping.  Zach lost his first two matches and was out fairly quickly.  He lost to two seniors, and in his second match, he lost 1-0 with the guy scoring late in the third.  He's getting really good.  Andy pinned his first guy, then lost two and was out.  Alex won one, lost one, then lost again on Sunday.  They had a great time and want to do more national tournaments.  We'll see...those aren't cheap to attend.
Las Vegas is next on the NASCAR circuit.  I fly out Thursday...don't have any plans to see any shows yet, but we do have Saturday night off, so I may be enticed to go see Celine Dion...
What?!?!  She doesn't have a show there anymore?!?!  Darn.  Well, any other show suggestions would be greatly appreciated...and free tickets would be even more appreciated.  No, seriously. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad we didn't take your tips on betting. We watched the last few laps after reading your blog letting us know it was on. Thanks. So sorry you can't see Celine next week. Maybe Wayne Newton?
Love,
Mom

Joel said...

ok...so I missed with my picks, but if we were in a pool, I'd probably win with a third place and a second place...not bad. I don't think Wayne is still performing in Vegas...just on the road with "Dancin' with the Stars", right?

Anonymous said...

You know, I only live a few short hours from Vegas :)