Saturday, February 9, 2008

"How is he not getting shocked?", Dad wondered.

It is early Saturday morning.  Our call time was 6:30am and we hope to get out by 11pm tonight.  It is raceday for the Budweiser Shootout.  Did you see the practice yesterday?  Wrecks-o-plenty!  And the amazing thing was the banging and crashing that Tony Stewart and Kurt Busch did!  It was reminiscent of their clash in Dover last year where they wrecked and then Kurt rammed Tony in the pits nearly crushing one of Tony's pit crew members.  No word at the time of this posting on fines, suspensions, peepee slaps, or anything from NASCAR.  Brian France, the king of all NASCAR suits (not The King...that's Richard Petty), said recently that "we're going back to the basics"...some have speculated that that means the boys are going to be allowed to fight if they want...say some naughty words...haul moonshine in the trunk?...without the iron fist of NASCAR coming down hard on them.  Dale, Jr. said on Thursday that he wonders how far that "back to the basics" will go.  I guess we'll find out shortly.  
The race starts at 8pm...it should be exciting with all the money on the line...nearly $1.5 million for the winner!  
Sleep is rare...I did get to the gym early yesterday and late last night....I need to 'cause I sit on my backside most of the day.  Beats diggin' ditches or being an electric fence tester...you know what I mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have so many comments, but no, I must not.
Dad