Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hey, Mr. Postman!

Hey...I published a great post on Tuesday, but apparently it didn't make it to this page and is floating in cyberspace somewhere...it was literary genious...I think.  Only 4 more days in Daytona.  We are still working long hours, but putting out pretty good tv.  Sanford Robinson is the guy who does the same job as me and also lives in Nashville and goes to our church.  He and I keep each other sane and keep each other from killing the young kids running around here trying to do television.  It is crazy how may 22 year-olds run in here with their projects that are of the utmost importance and don't have clue one.  But I, being the consumate teacher, guru, educator and sensi, take the time to point out how moronic they are...not really.  It is kind of fun to help kids learn what we're doing and how they can take part.  The ones that want to learn and listen make a bonus part of this job.  
The truck racers have arrived and have been driving, testing and will soon qualify.  I like the trucks.  The races nearly always come down to the wire. 
Today are also the Gatorade Duel races...the winners get into the 500...now I don't even pretend to know how all the drivers get into the 500...I'm not sure anyone really knows.  I think it may be like the Masons...they are a very secretive bunch that may or may not be run by a Triumverant consisting of the Queen of England, the President of the United States and Col. Sanders...(he's not really dead).  Anyway, the results of the races today will determine who's in and who's out of the Daytona 500.  Personally, I am pulling for Kenny Wallace to make it...he probably won't.  
We got a new jacket from Speed...if you are watching any of the shows, it's just like the beige ones the hosts wear....I like it because it is 47 degrees in the truck.  SHRINKAGE!  
Still having fun...looking forward to the check!
Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy V.D. to you also. The shrinkage may be due to to the electric fence. Or maybe the overage. I do not know.
Dad