Sunday, June 22, 2008

Left turn, right turn...

It's Raceday in Sonoma, CA. It's been a pretty weekend...very hot, high 90's. I didn't get out of the track in time to do anything yesterday, but I did get to the gym and put in an hour on the treadmill.
Pretty smoky here today...There are some fires in the area that are pretty contained, so no danger, but the smell is strong.
I plan on hiking today during the race. The track sits in a pretty big valley, so there are hills all around. The one hill I climbed last year is still there, so I guess I better climb it again. It is about a 30 minute hike, so it is fun. And the view from up there is really nice.
Predictions for today: My hope is that one of the road course ringers ie, Max Papis, Scott Pruitt, Ron Fellows or Marcus Ambrose, would win...Marcus races in the Nationwide series, but this is his first Cup race. He qualified the Wood Brothers' #21 car. If he does real well, he may land the ride for the rest of the year. He is from Tasmania, just off the Australian coast, and seems to be a great guy who always has a smile on his face. This race always seems to turn into a fuel mileage battle on this 1.99 mile road course. Juan Pablo Montoya is the defending champion of this race and Jeff Gordon has one here 4 times.
Here are my predictions:
3) Marcus Ambrose
2) Kasey Kahne
1) Jeff Gordon

Have a great day!

No comments: