Thursday, June 26, 2008

Manchester, NH

This week's festivities are in Loudon, NH, just outside Manchester, NH. I may be wrong, but I think there is a city named Manchester in every state in the Union. I haven't done the research, so don't quote me or swear to Alex Trebek that "Joel said it's true"...just my contention.
New Hampshire is pretty this time of year and again when we come in the fall, but I don't think I'd like to winter here. Did I just use a noun as a verb? I'm going to sandwich now, and bed a little later...
Good maple syrup here. I know how syrup is made, thanks to my dad. Though I didn't get the 1st place trophy at the science fair. Shane did. That "Mother Earth News" paid off, huh, Dad? You can find Mother Earth News online at motherearthnews.com.
They still publish great articles on being resourceful with the earth, farming, green living...just steer away from the new age stuff.
It is raining here today. They say there's a good chance of showers this Sunday, so we are prepared to stay the extra day if need be. I don't mind getting paid an extra day...I had to pay for the boys' church camp this week...YIKES! The cost has gone up significantly since I went to Camp Adventure a few years back.
Maybe I need to make a solar shower out in the back yard to save some money on water heating bills...and put in a garden or two...raise some goats and cows...basically, relive my childhood. That would be cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess you can take the kid out of the country, but not the country out of the kid. We also have some rope we learned how to make from Mother Earth News. I printed your blog for you dad to read. He liked it. If you want it to rain for extra work, I hope it does. We love you, Mom and Dad