Friday, June 20, 2008

Wine country...or is it Whine Country...

I am in Napa, California...wine country...it is so beautiful here. I think this may be my favorite trip of the year since it is so pretty out here. The trips to and from the hotel are very enjoyable. Wishing I had a convertible this week. We moved hotels from the Double Tree Resort in Sonoma, to a Marriot in Napa...sounds like up move up, huh? Not so much. This Marriot is a motel. Cars park right outside my glass door. Am I whining in wine country? Sorry.
I don't have any plans for my off afternoon tomorrow...last year I went to Fisherman's Wharf in San Fransisco...it was fun, but kind of a one-timer trip for me. If I was a wine drinker, I'd be living it up...there are a million wineries out here....each with a tour and wine tasting. I did see a brochure on renting segways...that could be fun...I've wanted to try one out for a long time. http://www.answers.com/topic/segway?cat=biz-fin
On to racing...It's a road course here in Sonoma, Ca. That means right turns along with the normal lefts. There are a few Cup drivers that are really good on road courses, such as Robby Gordon and Tony Stewart, but this race also brings out the "road course ringers", the guys who are professional road course drivers who fill in for the regular drivers. We only see these guys a couple of times a year...Ron Fellows, Scott Pruitt, PJ Jones, and a few others. The addition of the open wheel drivers, such as last year's winner, Juan Pablo Montoya, and Sam Hornish brings the competition up. It is a pretty course and lots of fun to watch. I wish everyone had cable so they could see the race.
I had a great birthday on Tuesday...I took the family to Dave and Buster's, http://www.daveandbusters.com/, for an evening of fun and frivolity. We bowled and then played video games. It was a blast!
And now I'm old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heck, go ahead and live it up and taste some wine. Some of "fruity" ones are pretty good. Have fun whatever you do. Glad your birthday was fun. Love you, M0om