Thursday, July 24, 2008

Back in the groove...


I arrived at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway today to get back in the groove of working the races. I have spent the last three days here in Indiana visiting my parents and some of my siblings. I stayed at my brother Shane's house. Good times were had by all...especially as we Wii Bowled into the wee hours of the morning. It was great also to see my parents. I don't get to see them enough since I am the only child of their four living outside of Indiana. I spent Tuesday and part of Wednesday working at their house cutting some tree limbs, yard work, etc. It was good, hard, fun work. My dad is battling cancer, so he appreciated the help. I need to lose some weight, so the sweating was good for me.
I like coming to Indy because it feels like home...even though the first time I ever came to IMS was 2 years ago for a NASCAR race. I have never been here for any Indy car stuff, but if you listen really closely, you can hear echoing around the grandstands Tom Carnegie's voice ringing out "It's a new track rrrrrrrrrrecord!". Little known fact about Mr. Carnegie...Tom Carnegie, born in 1919 in Norwalk, Connecticut as Carl Kenagy (which is still his legal name) was the public address announcer for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway from 1946 to 2006.
A little too early to make any predictions for this week...we'll see after practice tomorrow who is looking good.
My vote...anybody, but Kyle Busch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll vote right with you! Anybody but Kyle! Great to see you!
Love you,
Jackie