Saturday, July 5, 2008

Sun on the beach...

Looks like good weather today! That means the race will get raced and I will get home tomorrow. I stayed last evening to cut highlights from the Nationwide race...as I drove back to the hotel, there were fireworks being shot off the pier by the hotel. Had I not gotten to my 6th floor beach side room 2 minutes after it was over, I am sure it would have been gorgeous watching the fireworks reflecting in the ocean...but I missed them. Oh, well.
I went to the gym for about 45 minutes, then to bed. I set my alarm to get up and run on the beach this morning. It went off. I did not. I went back to sleep...maybe I'll run on the beach another day.
There's racin' under the lights tonight at the Coke Zero 400...formerly known as the Pepsi 400...formerly known as the Firecracker 400. I have been pretty bad at my predictions for the past, well, the past 18 races or so...but today, I feel like I might have an inside lane. Ok, not really, but I know who I'd like to see win...I really want Tony Stewart to win. I like him...totally platonically, though. So, no predictions today. With Paul Menard taking the pole, anything can happen. It would be cool also to see Mark Martin pull off a win. I just know that I don't want to see Kyle Busch win again...it's like Jimmie Johnson from last year. You just get tired of the same guy winning over and over.
Hope everyone had a great 4th of July and thanks to all the troops all over the world and here at home and their families who sacrifice to keep our nation free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get to watch the fireworks from your hotel room. One time we watched them in Indy from a penthouse suite by the Pyramids and could see several in different directions. We happened upon a great deal at that hotel. I watched the fireworks last night from New York. Very impressive! Be great to see you. Love, Mom

Joel said...

I didn't know you went to NY...you are a jet setter!