Thursday, July 31, 2008

Christmas in July

Last night I finished up working with Larry, the Cable Guy on his "Star Studded Christmas Extravaganza. It was a ton of fun. Monday was kinda boring...I actually only worked about 5 minutes during the 10 hours I was there. Tuesday exploded into 7 minutes of work during the 10. Yesterday was much better. We did a full dress rehearsal and then the show, live to tape last night. Trivia: Larry, the Cable Guy's real name is Dan Whitney.
You may wonder why do a Christmas taping in July...well, that gives them time to edit it for its late November airing. The highlight for me was seeing Charlie Callas.
He is very old now and couldn't walk very well, but he was the same funny guy I remember watching as a kid. His signature exaggerated facial expressions and sound effects were hilarious.
By the way...the DVD of the special comes a few days after the special airs, so buy a copy and see my name fly by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so cool that you got to see Charlie Callas! I prefer him to Larry! I don't remember Charlie telling poop jokes!
Jackie

Joel said...

But Charlie makes great fart noises. You gotta love Larry, though.