Sunday, July 27, 2008

Raceday in Indy

It's a lovely day in Speedway, Indiana. The Allstate 400 is just a few hours away.
Last night's Nationwide race was once again won by Kyle Busch. With last night's win, Kyle set a modern day record for wins in a season by a driver in the NASCAR circuit. He has 15 wins this season in trucks, Nationwide and Sprint Cup combined. Whether you like him or not, he will probably win several more races this season and establish himself as one of the best drivers racing today. He actually has been more humble as the season goes along, so he may work out ok in my book.
I actually didn't see his win last night...I was enjoying "The Dark Knight", the new Batman movie. I really enjoyed it...though, I advise getting the small Coke...it is a looooong movie. I liked Heath Ledger's Joker, but I don't know if it was an Oscar winning performance...maybe as supporting actor.
Back to racing...the race starts at 2pm consisting of 160 laps around the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway finishing 400 miles of wheel to wheel racing. Hopefully, it will be a great race, but this is the first time they've raced the "Car of Tomorrow" here. There has been an issue with tire wear, so we'll have to see how that plays out. The tires seem to be wearing out after 10-15 laps, and they have scheduled a competition caution at lap 10 to check the tire wear. They will have additional cautions if needed. They have backup tires that they use for Pocono races standing by if these tires fall apart.
My predictions...I think that former Pittsboro, IN resident, Jeff Gordon, will win his first race of the season and his record 5th Brickyard race. Jimmie Johnson will be a close 2nd and Kevin Harvick 3rd.
Have a great Raceday!

No comments: