Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"Meet the Spartans"

Or "Meet the Crappiest Movie Ever Made"!  I wanted to take Zach to a movie tonight and he picked the aforementioned.  What a piece of cinematic Dukakis....in fact, it sullies the good name of Dukakis.  I would recommend "300", though...just cover your eyes during the naughty scenes.
We went to Borders before the movie and Zach bought the "Rocky" Anthology...that's right, all 6 "Rocky" movies in a bundle.  
Is that Sly Stallone poster still on the back of Jackie and Jenny's door?  It may be rolled up with the Randy Mantooth, Andy Gibb, and Jackson 5 posters somewhere.
I remember I had classics on my walls...Farrah in the red swimsuit...(it must have been cold in our room)..."Charlie's Angels"...Olivia Newton-John...ahhhh.   I think Shane had a picture of Bobby Fischer, may he rest in peace.  I do recall that to this day I have never beaten Shane in the great sport of chess.  But I could kick his butt in "roll the ball across the floor and knock down the other guy's army guys"!  I rule.
And we played with action figures...not dolls, Dad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And who won the popcorn bag punch?
Dad

Unknown said...

The first thing I thought about was the popcorn bag! :) Thanks for the review of Spartans. I thought it looked funny. Maybe we'll watch on DVD. Maybe.