Sunday, January 27, 2008

What a Wonderful World

Well, I thought I had an off day...but at 7:30am I got a call that a tape guy didn't show up to a game in Cookeville, about 90 minutes away.  It was an ESPNU game, and I told them that I could cover, but I couldn't be there until an hour before the game and I would have to leave right after the game since it was Sandy's birthday and the twins had a wrestling meet.  They said great.  I drove, worked the game and left. The producer told me to charge a double rate since I was a last minute call...that would be great!  I may do that. 
I got to the meet in plenty of time...Zach and I helped coach.  It was fun...Andy got 2nd in his weight class and Alex got 1st in his!  
Sandy had fun celebrating her birthday cheering on the boys...about 20 of us went out to eat after the meet at Cracker Barrel.  I got her and IPod Touch...she was thrilled!
Hannah is here and went with us...it is fun having her around! 
We're not gonna do the drama tomorrow...the pastor called and said he was going a different direction with the sermon, but he wanted us to do it on a later date.  
Don't forget to watch the NHL All-Star game tomorrow...if you do, that will double the viewership!  
Man, I like Louis Armstrong...he was really great..."What a Wonderful World"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember I used to get called in, in the middle of the night, but not near as cool as your call ins.
Also Satchmo was a hero of mine, a hundred years ago, when I played trumpet.
Dad