Friday, April 4, 2008

Chicken with Joe...

No, it's not a sequel to "Tuesdays with Morrie". While driving from my mother-in-law's house to the hotel yesterday, she told me about a fried chicken restaurant in Roanoke, TX, about 10 miles from the track. She said it is the best fried chicken in the world. So after yesterday's set day, Sanford and I drove to Babe's, the aforementioned chicken place. Quaint little town...and right in the middle of town was Babe's...and boy was it crowded. Sanford stayed in the car, he was looking forward to Papadeaux's, a seafood restaurant. Well, I wormed between the crowd amassed outside and squeezed through the door...bumping past NASCAR Sprint Cup driver, Joe Nemechek...he apparently likes the chicken there. I went inside, bumped and excused my way to the counter and tried to find a menu at the to go order place. The girl said, "Oh, I'll just tell you the menu. We got fried chicken and chicken fried steak...with sides." I said thanks. My claustrophobia was skyrocketing, so I fled without ordering...so I don't actually know if it was the best fried chicken in the world...but there were about 250 people crowded into a room that the fire marshall should have closed down who think that the chicken is fan-cluckin-tastic. Oh, and on the way out the door...I said hi to Joe...he didn't acknowledge me. He must have had chicken on his mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did you have at Pappadeaux's?
Dad

Anonymous said...

Didn't go...went back to the hotel, ate an apple, worked out and ate another apple and an orange.