Sunday, April 6, 2008

I was country when country wasn't cool.

Raceday! Sorry I didn't post earlier to give my picks, but it was a busy morning. Raceday, the show, went well. I wasn't too rusty by missing last week.
Here are my picks...3. Carl Edwards, 2. Jimmie Johnson and 1. Kyle Busch.
Kyle ran well yesterday and if he can avoid trouble, he can tame this track again.
On a side note, I'm ready to leave Texas...10 days in one state is enough...more than enough in other states, I suppose.
On another side note, the Nashville Predators made the Playoffs!!! Good news for the team and me...I should get a couple of days of work out of it.
Next week's race is a Saturday night race in Phoenix. I fly out on Thursday as usual, but we hit the ground running with the Nationwide qualifying and practicing on Thursday and racing Friday night. That means I fly back home on Sunday.
When I land on Sunday, I have to go to Belmont University to begin preproduction for Monday night's "CMT Music Awards". Last year I made a couple of recap/commercials during the show. This year I am working on podcasts. Blake Shelton is hosting those segments, a few on Sunday, then red carpet on Monday, and show stuff Monday night. I'm not sure how it will go, they haven't done it before. Hopefully it will be fun. Lots of big country singers are on the show this year, and I'm not talking Lulu Roman. Scheduled to appear are Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, and the list goes on and on...I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: