Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mama told me not to come...

This is the week that most NASCAR fans anticipate the most...Talladega. The monstrous track...speeds near 200 mph...getting shuffled back from 2nd the 20th in 5 seconds....potential for multi-car crashes of phenomenal proportions...(Cue the ominous music)...
Then there's the Talladega nights....not the movie, though the movie did have some funny stuff in it. I'm talking about the Talladega infield...It is a community unlike any other. A little Sodom, some Gommorah, moonshine rivers, and redneck love under a star filled sky. Sounds inviting, huh? I can't say I've been to the infield after dark...some things are just too scary. If you've ever been to the Snake Pit at Indy, you'd have a taste of what it's like...but only a mere taste. If I get the courage, and a sidearm, I may venture out...just as a journalist, not a participant.
Sandy got an iron treatment today...1st one in 10 months! I think she pushed it too long, but she really wants to be done with iron treatments...Hopefully this is a sign of healing.
The boys have all been cutting weight this week getting back down to their wrestling weights for The Tournament of Champions in Columbus, OH. It is free to attend the tournament, so why not show up? There are 3000 kids registered. The twins wrestle Saturday morning, and Zach wrestles Saturday night. I'll keep you posted on their progress.
I, however, will not be wrestling this weekend....unless I go to the INFIELD!

No comments: