Thursday, March 13, 2008

The banjoes are a little bit louder this weekend...

As we've moved from South Atlanta up to hills of East Tennessee, Bristol is a beehive of activity. This is an amazing facility. The racetrack is 1/2 mile, high banked and no one finishes with a mark-free car. It seats 165,000 and it is always a sellout. Now, it would be easy to throw in a joke about the family trees in these parts not forking much, but I won't stoop to that. I mean, it would be insensitive to say that I met a guy today who is his own uncle, but I digress. This is actually my favorite track. I think I like the night race better in the summer, but this is still so much fun to watch. 43 cars trying to fit where only 23 should. Beatin' and Bangin'...and that's just in the rv campground!
We're staying at the luxurious Comfort Inn in Bristol, VA. No frills, but it has wireless!!!
Quick update for you...Jim is still hanging in...Sandy arrived in Hawaii last night around 9pm central time...there is a 5 hour difference between Nashville and Honolulu...so she was wide awake at 3am Hawaii time this morning. She has seen Jim a couple of times. They have moved him to a private room, off a heart monitor and someone from the family is always with him. Sandy says Syble is doing okay, but has gotten some bronchitis and needs to rest. Thanks for your continued prayers.

No comments: