Thursday, March 20, 2008

I've got to get more sleep...

I got done at the game at Illinois State at about midnight...had to get up at 4am to get to the airport. Well, all was going fine in the moonlit hours of predawn, but I didn't get off of I55 in time, rode it about 20 miles too far, actually stopped to ask for directions, turned around, made it to the airport, thru security, to the gate...5 minutes too late. Had to wait for the next flight out of Peoria to Chicago, and you'd be surprised that that isn't an hourly occurrence. 3 hours later, I made it onto the next flight on stand by. In Chicago, I went to the gate, showed her my standby pass for the flight to Nashville...she pointed to the standby list...
and it was like the Indiana public educational system...I was ranked 38th. I knew I wouldn't make it on that one, so I went to the gate of the next flight to Nashville which was to take off in 3 more hours. Well, I don't know if it was because I put on some "Obsession" early this morning, or my naturally boyish charm, but this new lady took my standby pass, typed with mercurial speed and handed a new boarding pass...for the first flight! I kissed her hard on the mouth...no, I didn't...I just said thanks so much..I hustled down to the old gate, stuck out my boarding pass and got on the plane. So I'm safely back in Nashville.
The boys are all doing fine. They have had their friend Isaac over the entire week...we are his Spring Break! We are all going bowling later tonight, then off to Indiana tomorrow...the boys are excited. (Isaac isn't coming. Lenny is!)
Sandy is doing fine in Hawaii...I may not get her back...she really likes it!
I am going to take a nap now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you were able to get that flight. Missing planes, late planes, etc. are a pain. The way the weather sounds in Dallas/Ft. Worth, I'd stay in Hawaii if I had the chance. Will be great to see you men tomorrow.
Love,
Mom