Thursday, March 6, 2008

XM, I hardly know him...

Rental car of the day...a Hyundai Sonata...it can't figure out if it's Korean or Spanish...but I am happy with it.  BONUS!  It's got XM satellite radio...What a person gravitates to on XM tells a lot about their personality, I suppose.  My first button is Bluesville...XM Channel 74.  I really like blues music...My second button is the 80's...lots of great music...which reminds me...If you've got internet fast enough to watch or even listen to sermons online, you've got to check out Mark Beeson's series "I Love the 80's" at GCCwired.com.  I watched all the sermons up to this point.  That church rocks!  And they even sang Cyndi Lauper songs from the stage...I remember a few parishioners from Farmland UMC that would have dropped some false teeth over that.  Anyway, back to XM...there are a ton of sports talk stations, conservative talk, liberal talk, talk about talking, sporting events of every variety, Spanish music, Christian music (3 channels!), and Dad's favorite, Broadway tunes...just kidding...but seriously, who'd have thought that my dad would be a a theatre goer...he talked me into going to "Cats" and, don't tell anyone, but I liked it.  I haven't heard a good theatre review from him lately...I think the last he saw was "Mama Mia", which is actually cool since it is ABBA music....which can be found on XM "the 70's". Anyway, it you had 6 buttons that could be music or talk or sports, what would they be?  Just food for thought.
I am safely in Atlanta...well, I am in Atlanta....I don't think anyone is ever safe in Atlanta...I used to live here...I know.  
Just melting today and loading elements for shows.  The good news for me is that since we're in the Eastern time zone now, our calls times won't beat the sunrise by an hour.  That is nice.
Carl Edwards, the sweet Midwestern boy, is a cheater!!!!  Or so says NASCAR.  I don't really understand the advantage vs. the risk of taking off an oil cap, but I'm no gearhead.  All you Carl Edwards fans, that means you, Bradley, take heart...Carl is a nice guy.  I don't think he took the cap off himself, but he's gonna be under a microscope for the rest of the season.
Great weather here, nasty rain tomorrow...I'm predicting no truck race, and no cup quals tomorrow...it will be  a great day to be in the truck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1-50s,
2-60s,
3-70s,
4-Old Christian rock,
5-Real folk songs, and
6-SHOOOW TUNES
Dad

Joel said...

Thanks! You make me laugh! There is also a bluegrass station, so maybe you need more buttons.