Wednesday, March 19, 2008

New Day, Different Sport

I'm in Normal, IL today...I didn't say I'm Normal in IL to day...doing an NIT game for ESPNU. It's a quaint little college town...coeds a plenty. If you somehow get ESPNU (and to be honest, I don't know how you do...apparently it airs somewhere and someone wants to watch this game) sit back, enjoy two relatively unknown schools, Illinois State and Utah State, battle it out in the National Invitational Tournament...which really means, we aren't good enough to make the real tournament, but someone can make some money off of us playing, so let's play.
But I'm not complaining...I'm almost stealing money today...so I've got that going for me...which is nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true. Utah State is barely known in...well, Utah state. Was Big Blue the mascot at the game? I've heard that he/she is pretty entertaining...

Joel said...

Nah, since it was in Illinois, no cheerleaders, mascots, fans, alumni, or bench players came. It was a pretty good game, but Utah State fell to Illinois State...oh, and Utah State are the Aggies....who knew?

Anonymous said...

haha...yeah, the Aggies with a bull/ox as a mascot...it's an interesting school. but not quite as interesting as BYU, let me tell you...