Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Biff?

Still in Vegas...still making tv.  Had a long day today...in at 6am, out at 7pm.  I cut highlights of the  Nationwide race today.  Tony Stewart was going for 3 in a row...never happened before....didn't happen today.  There were about 17 wrecks...I put the highlights together for "Raceday" by speeding up all the wrecks...it is pretty funny.  I asked the audio guy to get me "Yakkity Sax"...hopefully the producer will let me play that under the highlights.  Makes me miss Benny Hill.  
Wendy Venturini came in today to look at her weekly feature call "The Real Deal".  She does the interviews for it on Monday or Tuesday, but doesn't see the finished product until I show it to her on Saturday.  Well, she came in today and she has lost her voice.  I could barely hear her talk, but I told her not to...we need her for the show tomorrow.  She told me that she and her husband went to see Kevin James (the King of Queens guy) last night.  Ray Romano was the opening act.  She said it was great...after an hour and a half show, they turned up the lights and had a Q & A for 30 more minutes.  She also said they weren't dirty at all.  How refreshing!
I didn't do anything once I finally got home...it is 9pm and I'm in bed again.  
I like Las Vegas...I'd like to come here sometime just on vacation...and with some money to blow.  There are so many shows and things to do, if you've got the bucks.
In wrestling news...The boys were in Clarksville, TN today at a big tournament.  Alex had a bad day and lost two quickly.  Andy won two and lost one for 2nd place.  Zach won two and lost one and still had more to go last I checked...he is going for 3rd or 4th.
I got an email from Syble and Jim's not doing very well...I'd appreciate your prayers for his strength and for Syble's, too.
Tomorrow is raceday...since I did so well with my predictions last week, I think I'll make it a regular thing...remember, this is an exhibition, not a competition...no wagering allowed.
I would have said that Kyle Busch is a favorite for the race at this home track, but I am going out on a limb and picking Greg Biffle with Carl Edwards 2nd and Jimmie Johnson third.  
Feel free to post your picks.  Have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOOHOO!! Way to go, Carl! We got home to see the last few minutes of the red flag and then the finish. Just keep predicting like this! Maybe he'll win the championship! :)