Sunday, March 9, 2008

Daylight Saving?

Short night?  Still quite dark here as we begin our day.  5:30am breakfast came early.  It will still be dark here for another hour at least.  I did get out pretty early yesterday....about 2pm...went back to the hotel, took a 2 hour nap.  Watched some tv, then worked out.  Set my clocks ahead.  I remember the first time I ever did that.  I had moved from Indiana, where we didn't move our clocks at all, to California.  I remember someone telling me to move my clock forward, so I slid my clock on my dresser about 6 inches toward the edge...I didn't want to be left out.  I didn't quite understand the significance of Daylight Saving Time.  Since then I have learned how to properly complete the task.  Last evening I also read more of the book, "The Shack", that my dad got me.  It is great...really makes you reevaluate your definition and preconceived notions of God.  I only read a chapter or so at a time...it really keeps you thinking.  Thanks, Dad.
Today is raceday and time for my weekly predictions.  Since Jimmie Johnson swept the races here last year, you might want to go with him...or any Hendrick driver this week.  Jeff Gordon is on the pole with Dale, Jr. right next to him.  There seems to be a little bit of a tire issue...right fronts blowing out may be a factor, but the weather won't be!  It is still quite cold, but clear today.  I am going with Kasey Kahne, a former Atlanta winner, today with Matt Kenseth, yesterday's Nationwide winner, in second, and Jeff Gordon third.  Keep an eye on Dave Blaney...though he is under the weather this weekend, he just may sneak into victory lane. Just my opinion, I am not responsible for your gambling losses if you incur any.
I called Syble last night and she let me talk to Jim...he was a little responsive, but couldn't talk.  The doctor said that he won't make it back home to Texas.  Syble seems to be holding up well.  One of Jim's daughters and daughter in law are heading to Hawaii tomorrow.  Gay is going on Tuesday and I am sending Sandy most likely on Wednesday.  Our Spring Break plans of heading to the Smokie Mountains a week from today are now on hold.  We may be heading to Texas.  We appreciate your continued prayers for the family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should keep your day/night/all the time job! I don't think gambling will pay enough!
Love,
Jackie