Saturday, March 8, 2008

Hot-Lanta...more like My-Lanta

It is snowing in Atlanta!  I know you Northerners are used to snow, but come on...this is the South!  Needless to say, nothing on the track right now but jet dryers...or snow melters.  Nationwide cars are supposed to be qualifying, but that won't happen for awhile.  
I was way off on my prediction of a quiet track on Friday.  They got everything in...even the truck race.  I don't know what your feelings about Kyle Busch are, but the kid can drive.  You put any kind of wheels under him and he is in contention for a win. In Trucks, he has 2 firsts and a second in three races.  Nearly as good in Nationwide and Cup.  He's pretty funny and only slightly cocky, so he's ok in my book.  Sittiing here in the truck, I am quite thankful for my career choice.  Had I stayed a camerman, I would be colder than I am currently.  It's chilly in the truck, about  60 degrees, but not as bad as outside.  
It was looking like a short day for me...a few cut in's that only last a couple of minutes to update the viewers on the day, but now, with the snow delay, I may be here awhile.  Sanford is cutting highlights for the Nationwide race today, so I don't have to stay for that, whenever that finally comes.  We usually take turns doing that on a Saturday.  You score overtime staying for that, so we like to trade off to keep the overtime pretty evenly split.  
Prayer request for my father-in-law, Jim.  He and Syble are in Hawaii at their timeshare.  He's been battling cancer for a few years and last night had a seizure, was rushed to the hospital.  Your prayers are greatly appreciated!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tryed to tell you to take your long drawers with ya.
Dad