Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Back to Charlotte

This week I've traveled in on Wednesday for the race this weekend. We apparently are doing some shows tomorrow, our normal travel/set day, so I get paid an extra day this week. On Friday we are heading to uptown Charlotte...yes, I know I wrote uptown Charlotte...that's what they call it. We annually do Trackside on Friday night before the Coke 600 from the corner of Triad and Tryson. It is a street festival with drivers, food, games, music, and hoopla...lots of hoopla. For us, it is an extra truck to set and strike, but that's ok. This year Kelli Pickler of American Idol fame will be one of our guests...she's cute, sings well, and plays the ditz very well. I've seen her not in character and she isn't that dingy. She dated one of the Predators, Jordin Tootoo. She is easy on the eyes, so we've got that going for us.
This longest race of the year, the Coke 600, takes place this Sunday afternoon and evening. Tune in if you can.

No comments: