Saturday, May 3, 2008

Raceday...or Race Night!

The race starts at 7:30pm Eastern tonight...racing under the lights. Night racing is really pretty! The way the light bounces off the cars that are so shiny...being able to see the brakes glowing in each corner...the light glinting off the gold tooth of the guy in the fifth row....so pretty.
I think you might have to put your money on Denny Hamlin today...it is his home track...he pulled out the win last night...starts on the pole. Lots of things pointing in his favor. My picks...Mark Martin-3rd...Denny Hamlin-2nd and Dale, Jr-1st...I think Jr. may finally end that 73 race winless streak.
My old friend Chuck Chalfant is here at the race today. I got tickets for him and his oldest daughter, Kylie. She's 15 (a couple of months older than Zach...I'm just saying)...anyway, I haven't seen him since college, and just recently caught up with him through Facebook. It was great to catch up with him. He has a wife and 3 daughters...they all lived in Australia for a few years...worked and studied at Hillsong. Now they live in Virginia Beach and he and Brooke, his wife, both work at CBN. Chuck works in their web department and Brooke does a lot of writing. It is so cool to connect with old friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Old friends are great. Cris and Roxann spent the afternoon with us.
the old man

Unknown said...

How cool to hook up with Chuck after all these years! Have a great time! We're watching tonight....well, I'm watching till I fall asleep since I did the Mini this morning.