Thursday, May 1, 2008

Richmond, VA....lots of history here....seems in some ways still in the past.
Speaking of the past, yesterday was Aimee Addington's birthday. Her's is one of three birthdays outside of my immediate family that I can remember...maybe because she was my first love. In kindergarten, 1972...it must have been love because she still carries the scar on her chin of when I pushed her down and she needed 3 stitches.
She is now married with 5 children...two teens and 3 little ones she and her husband have adopted from Guatemala. Isn't that cool? I left a message on her cell phone yesterday and she called me back today right before I boarded my plane. We talked for a few minutes, a little catching up, and then I flew here to Richmond. Even though I have one teenager and two that will be teens at the end of the month, it is strange to think that others have children growing up...I tend to keep people in my memory where I saw them last, at that age, shape, hair cut...No sermon here, just ponderings.
BREAKING NEWS....Tomorrow night, the Nationwide race will not be seen on ESPN2...they are doing NBA playoffs, so ESPN Classic and our very own SPEED will carry the race! Even the mouse wants to be on SPEED!

No comments: