Thursday, May 29, 2008

Supermodels rule....


New weekend, new city...Dover, Delaware...home of, um, well, I don't really know that much about Delaware. Our hotel is right across the street from the University of Delaware...the Blue Hens, if I recall correctly. They just had a quarterback, Joe Flacco, that was drafted 18th by the Baltimore Ravens. Trivia: That is the highest a University of Delaware player has ever been drafted. File that away for your next "Jeopardy" appearance.
The time at home seemed quite short this week. I didn't get home until Monday evening. My flight out of North Carolina left at 2:30pm and upon reaching Nashville, weather prohibited us from landing. So we flew on to Little Rock, Arkansas...refueled and went back to Nashville.
We were planning a kayaking trip on Tuesday, but it didn't work out, so hopefully this coming Tuesday, I can take all my teenagers down the river. Yep, on Friday, my twins turn 13. I will be the father of 3 teenage boys!!!
We spent Tuesday and Wednesday getting the yard and house ready for a luau for the boys on Friday night. I, of course, won't be there, but they wanted the party on their birthday, not wait until I got home. (Anyone hear "Cats in the Cradle" playing in the background?) As a sidenote, just to show the personalities of the twins...Alex found a unicycle on Craig's list and asked for it. Andy asked for fake poop. It's not dull at our house.
Trucks, Nationwide and Cup are all racing here this weekend, so it should be quite busy. On my flight today I was sitting in front of Craftsman truck driver, Chad Chaffin and behind Nationwide driver, Burney Lamar. Chad is a good driver and is currently 23rd in the standings. Burney, not so much. He's 66th in Nationwide. But it's never a bad day for Burney because he is married to model, Niki Taylor (pictured above).
I met her on a flight last year...she has twin sons around 12 years old from a previous marriage...she was very sweet. Burney's nice, too...just not as hot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(Anyone hear "Cats in the Cradle" playing in the background?)
I can.
the old man